To celebrate the arrival of the much-anticipated gingerbread family to Cardiff Bay, visitors can enjoy plenty of free activities on Saturday 3 December.
The Red Dragon Centre will be hosting a gingerbread cookie decorating workshop, Mermaid Quay will be offering a free wooden gingerbread tree decoration craft session and visitors to the Norwegian Church can enjoy a visit from three of Santa’s elves, for two hours for games, songs and storytelling.
Craft in the Bay will be hosting gingerbread pottery fun and The Senedd will have a Christmas crafts table throughout the festive period, giving visitors the chance to decorate their own gingerbread character to add to their Christmas tree at home or the one in the Senedd.
3 Dec Gingerbread Day in the Bay Lineup
• The Red Dragon Centre: Gingerbread cookie decorating 12-4pm – find out more
• Mermaid Quay: Make a wooden gingerbread tree decoration 12-4pm – find out more
• Craft in the Bay – Gingerbread Pottery Fun will take place between 10:30-15:30 and is suitable for all ages – find out more
• Norwegian Church – organised by the Harbour Authority, there will be two 2 hour sessions in the morning and afternoon. Tickets must be booked here: https://gingerbread-trail-storytelling.eventbrite.co.uk and https://gingerbread-trail-more-storytelling.eventbrite.co.uk
• Senedd Cymru / Welsh Parliament – the Christmas craft table will be open 10.30-16.30